Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 16 - Monday 19/1

We turned up to CUCRH at about nine this morning and worked by ourselves until about lunchtime, when Nadia and I went to the police station again. The officer we spoke to last week hadn't got back to us, so we thought we would go in and remind him. It turns out he'll be away this week, so we left a message requesting another officer retrieve the information for us.

About half an hour later a policeman called us wondering excactly what we needed to know and why. Nadia spoke to him and gave him the background on what we'll be covering and he told us to come in. He gave us some statistics which indicated that the crime levels in South Hedland have dropped over the last few years. This is contrary to the angle Nadia and I were pursuing and after speaking with the Telegraph we decided not to write the crime story afterall.

In the afternoon Nadia had another doctor's appointment so I went with her to keep her company. We sat in the waiting room for a couple of hours only for the doctor to tell Nadia to come back the next day. O well! No use getting angry about that one.

We drove back to CUCRH to pick up James and do some more work. We didn't stay very long and I went home feeling as though I didn't achieve much at all. I'm starting to feel pretty tired and even though I love it up here I'm glad it's the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment