Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 6 - Friday 9/1

We spent the morning in the CUCRH office following up on a few stories. I made some phone calls but didn't get far in terms of new material. The three of us were asked to go into the Telegraph where Liam asked us some questions about how our experience is going so far and what we hope to achieve. It was strange being on the other end of an interview and I found myself lost for words (I really should have thought about what I was going to say before I went into the interview!). It turned out okay and James did most of the talking. Everything he said was applicable to mine and Nadia's experience anyway- we're all up here to gain some experience as well as for a change of scene.

After the Telegraph, Nadia and I went to the shops and came across Rosi - a young netballer who has recently won a scholarship. Isabelle had told us about her earlier and told us where she worked, so it was pretty easy to find her. Nadia and I spoke to Rosi for a while and asked whether we could interview her sometime and she was fine with that. Nadia and I decided that we will work on the story together and interview Rosi next week.

In the afternoon I took some photos of places in Port Hedland so I could show them to people back in Perth. I photographed the port, the water tower and the hospital. Nadia and I then dropped James off for an interview nearby our house. We waited for James and after he finished his interview we all went back to CUCRH for a while.


Port Hedland water tower

After work Nadia and I drove to the radio station and worked on a promo for 'Mike's house' - a show on the community radio station on Friday nights, where Mike the painter plays house tunes. Joan introduced us to Mike and we worked on a script to promote his show.

Tonight we went to the pier - the local nightclub in Port Hedland. We had a pretty good time, but it was extremely hot! Let's just say it was a night we'll never forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment