Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 8 - Sunday 11/1

Today was a fairly lazy day. I had the first sleep in I've had since I arrived. At about lunchtime Nadia and I drove to Joanie's house, where we worked on our radio promo for 'Mike's House'. Wayne from the radio station was there as well, and he knew what he wanted out of Nadia and me. We were a bit reluctant to do exactly what he wanted though, as it involved speaking in a pretty raunchy way into the microphone! We came to a compromise though and hopefully the radio station will be happy with our sound bytes.

After Joan's house, Nadia, James and I were lucky enough to go fishing. Two BHP engineers we met on Friday night -Dwane and Richard- took us out on their boats. I've been fishing before but have never caught anything, but all that changed today! We went fishing in the harbour and I caught 4 little fish -('fingermarks') which we used for bait. Dwane had a big fish on his reel and he let me pull it in. I was all excited until I realised it was a shark! I screamed and gave the rod to Dwane, and he pulled the hook out with pliers and let the shark go back in the water. I learnt later that James caught a shark (a bigger one than mine) and I know that I definitely won't be going swimming anytime soon! (apart from the swimming pool of course).


My first catch!

I ha
d a great weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment